Saturday, January 1, 2011

Simple pleasures in Life.

Goodbye 2010, Happy 2011 ! No New Year resolutions whatsoever. "When you expect something to happen, it just don't. Life surprises you just like that."

I'm one who's somewhat reserved. However, once I warmed up and feels comfortable with you, I can literally talk non-stop (vice versa). In 2010, I'd my fair share of ups and downs. It was also the year I started beauty-blogging at OnSugar. Yes, I encountered both really nice and the not-so-nice peeps. From my reads, I gather that almost all met amazing people thru' OnSugar. How true is that ? I wonder. No, I ain't eating sour grapes. Umm it's like, so seemingly perfect ?

Ok, 'nuff said.

 

I finally got the chance to go to this place for Peranakan cuisine, thanks to Jessie (and bf)'s recommendation. Ivins Ivins is located at Bukit Timah area, super far from where I stay. Price-wise is affordable. The totall bill came up to be $30.

And so, they proceeded to order their usuals.

Meatball soup with bamboo shoots. Thumbs up for the soup and bamboo shoots. I'm not a fan of meatballs and they ain't as juicy as I would like 'em to be. I love the soup the most, the taste is just right. You've to try to know (; The bamboo shoots are cooked just right, nice and easy to eat. Pardon my lack of words to describe =.= It's just very delicious !

Ayam rendang. Not bad, not too coconut-ty and not spicy as well.  Will be MUCH better if they include drumstick instead of chicken breast meat. Yes, I don't like to eat chicken breast meat :/

Fried marinated ayam. PLUS points coz not chicken breast meat :p Not too oily. Crispy on the outside, juicy on the inside.

Fried chye poh omelette. This is super salty max ! Wrong order, should have ordered Furong omelette :/ Thumbs DOWN.

Sambal kangkong. Average, nothing special much.

Tiny bowl of chendol. $1.20, can't say much also. Average taste, the shaved ice not smooth enough.

Hmm I'll only go back if someone is driving coz it's TOO FAR.

 

:

:

:

 

Yes, my lovely gf (:

We were at Xin Wang Taiwan Café (SCAPE). Both of us had Ru Rou Fan (Taiwanese Stewed Pork Rice).

Yummy max ! Love the salted veggies too :d~

Tiny sides coz I ordered a set which comes with drink as well. Guo tie (pan fried meat dumplings).

Eh beansprouts and ikan bilis.

My bubble milk tea, not the usual bubble milk tea taste. In fact, it's those HK style milk tea taste =.= Cheat my feelings ! My gf had hot barley coz of sore throat.

 

:

:

:

 

A random meetup with Jessie and her friends. NYDC Wheelock Place for dinner. Jessie had Aglio Olio with bratwurst sausages.

My super creamy Carbonara. Not the best I had, definitely.

Her friend's "Cookie Monster" mudpie.

"grandma goes nuts, seriously!" mudpie shared by me and Jessie.

 

:

:

:

 

Random dessert treat by Jessie's bf at Coffee Club (Haborfront Center). Raspberry Chocolate Symphony.

Oh Ah Mee Sua (Oyster Vermicelli) and Ru Rou Fan (Taiwanese Stewed Pork Rice) from Xiao Bar Wang (Orchard Ion).

 

:

:

:

 

Attended my colleague's wedding dinner in Dec last year. She's 2 years younger and already married. I'm still very single =.=

Solemnization ceremony in process.

I love kids ! Play with 'em that is (; The boy is very cuteee, I likeee !

V54 and G79. Photo spoiler in pink :/

Yeah, my favorite boy of the night x:

We took turns to camwhore hahas Xp

Somewhat awkward pose BUT my legs did appear slim and slender. Yes, illusion indeed T^T

Hmm.. nothing to say much..

My eye makeup was va-va-voom (in person), which made my eyes appear super big. Well, the flashlight washed out my makeup.

Candid shot, indeed =.=

I like this, coz my gf so cute x:

Dark chocolates, I think they're semi-sweet.

We were eating in "darkness".

She wanna camwhore too :p The jacket she borrowed super big for her.

ALL mine x:

My Humble House (Esplanade), under TungLok Group.

The only photo I took coz my battery flat :/ The food was AMAZING, much better than those held at hotels, SERIOUSLY. Food was served individually, thoughtful much.

Shall end the post with my favorite photos of the night.

A beautiful photo of us (my favorite boy of the night, me, gf and bride)

Most favorite

2 comments:

  1. Arg!!!! It's past midnight and I'm looking at the pictures of all the food.... salivates!! Now I know how my dogs feel when I'm eating and they are not allowed anything. I love your eye makeup from the wedding, the whole look is very sexy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very sexy ? Hahas thanks (; Glad you find the food at IVINS ok albeit the somewhat tiny servings .. More good food finds !

    ReplyDelete