Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Food Tasting @ Creation Cafe

Yet another food tasting session @ Creation Cafe (Shaw Leisure Gallery). Thanks to The Sample Store, I was there for a pasta-fied experience.

Hmm.. A relatively small cafe.. Not very well-ventilated.. That doesn't matter to me IF the food is good.

Set lunch is priced affordably at $9.90 (main course + soup +drink). Additional charges for some eg. +$3.00 for seafood black squid ink pasta.

Yay to NO GST & SERVICE CHARGE!

I ordered coke :D

Soup-of-the-day, which is creamy mushroom soup. Tiny bits of mushroom. Not THAT creamy. The garlic bread tasted okay, which complemented the soup well. Both were served slightly warm. Hmm.. I like 'em hot actually.

 

We were then served with their best-selling pastas (top 5).

CARBONARA

Carbonara is my favorite of all

The creaminess was just right for me; not too overwhelming. Some of 'em beg to differ though. Well, to each her own (: I would say they were pretty generous with the ham, sausage and mushroom bits. The spaghetti noodles were cooked to perfection; al dente texture.

 

SEAFOOD SPICY CRABMEAT (+$4.00)

Seafood lovers will definitely like this! For just additional $4.00, you get crab-claw, crab-leg, prawns, squid, salmon bits. The sauce tasted like that of chilli crab. The seafood were quite fresh (not super fresh kind). The noodles were not as firm as the carbonara's. Overall, I still enjoy it much.

 

SEAFOOD JAVA CURRY SAUCE (NEW +$1.00)

Hmm.. This is my least favorite. I did like the prawns, mussel, squid and salmon bits in this dish BUT.. I don't like the Java Curry Sauce (at all) coz it's too sweet and creamy for my liking. It's my personal preference. The others did enjoy this pretty much.

 

SEAFOOD LAKSA CREAM SAUCE (+1.00)

YES, it really tasted like laksa. I enjoyed it pretty much. The seafood ingredients are the same as the java curry one. Very creamy as well, but it was a lovely combi nonetheless. Delish!

 

MUSHROOM RISOTTO

My no.2 favorite. I'm the only one who like this dish (lol). And, I was telling 'em unpleasant-looking food often taste good. Apparently, this is the case for me (not 'em) :x

It had a strong celery taste which didn't bother me much. I took many mouthfuls while they only took like 1-2? The creaminess was alright. The rice had a unique texture to it, which I can't put into words.

Well, if you ain't a veggie lover, you can always order the seafood version for additional $2.00.

 

Creation Cafe

100 Beach Road, #01-43 Shaw Leisure Gallery

 

Elfaine gave each of us a bag of yummy cookies, courtesy of The Wooden Spoon (#01-24 Shaw Leisure Gallery). FYI, the cookies are hand-made by a granny (:

They ain't sweet and are really crispy. A very homey feel, I like 

No comments:

Post a Comment