Saturday, October 15, 2011

Review: Bebe Diva Supervolume Waterproof Mascara

I received this Bebe Diva Supervolume Waterproof Mascara as part of my goodie bag when I attended Bébé Poshé Launch Event (way back in July this year).

Simple black packaging with a princessy touch (multi-faceted part). The light pink wordings are a nice contrast. Very girly, I like!

 

"A super mascara that delivers ultra-glam, sexy and voluptuous lashes.

This dramatically dark color and extra-hold formula provides a 24-hour-curl with 100% smudge-proof results, creating a stunning faux-lashes that stop traffic with the blink of an eye!

Easy removal with warm water."

 

The goodness lies in its ingredients, namely:- Botanical Candelilla Wax (waterproof, keeps lashes curled and ensure makeup remains smudge-free through the day), Vitamin E (hydrate and nourish lashes) & Vitamin B5 (protect lashes and maintain shine of lashes).

**Above info & description are extracted from Bébé Poshé Sg website.**

See the fibres on the brush head.. Hmm.. Looks more like a lengthening mascara, no?

 

So, on to the photos/review..

Does this mascara speaks volume? You be the judge..

FYI, this is 3 layers of mascara :x

It is obvious that it doesn't live to its claim. That's definitely not voluptuous lashes we're talking about. Well, 3 layers of mascara to get the desired effect is not very desirable.. The mascara formula itself is on the dry side. Too dry for me, in fact. I like my mascara to be a lil' wet, for easy application. Overly wet tends to be a mess too. So, finding the right one is no easy feat.

The color intensity is good, darkens and defines my lashes the way I like. It separates my lashes pretty well. Free of clumps too. It is easy to remove. Using warm water will do.

All in all, it doesn't add length or volume for my lashes, just minimal curl & color definition. For me, I like to use it to comb my lashes after my regular mascara.

Truth be told, the Bebe Doll Superlong Waterproof Mascara is a much better choice (in my opinion). I'd tried it during the launch event and it's many-many-many times better than Bebe Diva Supervolume Waterproof Mascara! Do get Superlong instead of Supervolume. You'll love it!

Both retails for $23.90 at selected Watsons stores.

2 comments:

  1. looks exactly like loreal's bare naturale! but with bare naturale, only two coats are sufficient to get the same effect without the clumpiness! have you tried it? it's my everyday mascara! :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohh.. I haven't try it yet.. I prefer false lash effect mascara though :x

    ReplyDelete