Sunday, October 23, 2011

Sponsored Review: amethystory

amethystory, a new brand (by Ginvera) recently launched in Singapore. The word "amethyst" and purple packaging totally captivated my attention. Amethyst (purple quartz gemstone), a coveted gem desired for its power to heal and rejuvenate. It is uniquely incorporated into amethystory skincare series, which contain real amethyst granules for:- cell-rejuvenation, anti-oxidation & promotion of micro blood circulation.

amethystory/The Sample Store has kindly sent me 3 of the must-have products to review.

  • amethystory Mineral Bubble Face Wash
  • amethystory Mineral Aqua Gel
  • amethystory Mineral Aqua Whitening Enhancer

 

 

Here's my reviews after using 'em for one week+...

Mineral Bubble Face Wash 160ml ($14.90)

"Cleanse your face with 'mineral moisture', with the unique & effective Mineral Bubble Face Wash. Specially blended with 3 exquisite and effective ingredients for your skin - amethyst, hyaluronic acid & bio energy fluid, it is enriched with moisture factors & mineral nutrients to cleanse and remove impurities, dirt & oil from pores. After wash, it would still continue to provide long lasting moisture to the skin. Regular use will polish away dull skin resulting in a smoother and more supple-looking dewy complexion.

Another instant-foaming face wash for me to try. I would say Mineral Bubble Face Wash is comparable to Bioré Marshmallow Whip Facial Wash I reviewed not long ago. Hmm.. I don't really like the soapy scent though.

The foam is not as fluffy and dense, more of a soapy feel (lil' watery). This doesn't matter to me as long it cleanses the skin well.

I'm enjoying the efficiency of using instant-foaming cleansers since no lathering is needed. The foam feels gentle on the skin. It cleanses my face without stripping the skin of its moisture. Have abandoned the thought of having squeaky clean skin after cleansing equates to fully cleansed skin. Now, I'm totally in love with my soft, smooth and hydrated skin after cleansing with Mineral Bubble Face Wash alone!

 

 

✰ Mineral Aqua Gel 150ml ($24.90)

**Mineral Aqua Gel is their ✰ product.**

"Uniquely removes cornified dead skin with amethyst for new & radiant skin. No colouring, no fragrance, this gentle formula is specially blended with amethyst, hyaluronic acid & bio energy fluid to help enhance the removal of dead, dry & rough skin, and promote skin rejuvenation. After removing the dead skin layers that form a barrier,your skin would be in a optimal condition to absorb skincare nutrients."

The consistency of Mineral Aqua Gel is like a watery gel. A lil' watery and it gets somewhat messy when applying it on my face. Besides using it for face, you can use this for other parts of your body.

I use it for my super dry cracked heel area, which gives you a better idea of how it works.

*rub-rub-rub*

See the difference? Much more smoother looking, with just only one-time use. Impressive eh.

 

As for my face, I use about 3-4 times a week (though it can actually be used daily).

I apply 2 pumps of Mineral Aqua Gel on dry skin, using dry fingers. Then, I gently massage in circular motion for about a minute. The key is to massage gently as the gel will "disappear" into the skin if too much force is being used. That happened to my bro, who "complained" to me about having no white flakes appearing after massaging the product on his face. Well, he used too much force (lol)!

According to the press release, "the white flakes that appear are the dead skin cells being removed". In the past, I used to think this way. Then, I realized that this isn't the case. How can my dead skin cells be white (somemore sticky) right? Makes no sense. The dead skin cells are actually removed by the white flakes created. I hope you get what I mean?

The last step will be rinsing off the dead skin cells along with the white flakes, with water or facial cleanser. I prefer the latter as it gets rid of the sticky feel on my face. My face feels soft and smooth after use. Doesn't irritate my skin, which is definitely a plus! And, I notice my face becoming clearer and more luminous.

A cheaper alternative to Cure Aqua Gel (I bought it sometime ago), which retails for $42 *ouch!* Both are as effective. Mineral Aqua Gel is about half the price. You do the math.

 

 

Mineral Aqua Whitening Enhancer 150ml ($15.90)

My favorite out of the 3.

"This unique formula is specially blended with amethyst, tranexamic acid & hyaluronic acid to boost the hydration & whitening of skin & enhance the penetration of skincare products for full absorption. Regular use of Mineral Aqua Whitening Enhancer will provide skin with minerals for better skin rejuvenation & at the same time lighten complexions evenly for a fairer, radiant and youthful glow."

This smells really good, I likeee! Mineral Aqua Whitening Enhancer doesn't feel as sticky as Hada Labo, and is absorbed much faster into skin (after patting). The sticky feeling is minimal, which dissipates after awhile. My skin feels so well-hydrated. Am so lovin' the luminous glow on my face the morning after using this product. A great start to my day (:

I also notice that my overall complexion has lightened by a fair bit, more even-toned. Not only that, my acne scars are slowly "disappearing". Yay~ to that! Friends have been noticing and complimenting my good complexion. I take pride in taking good care of my skin and I'm glad that I've been using awesome products so far (be it sponsored or self-bought).

 

And, don't forget to...

JOIN Amethystory Facebook Page for upcoming exciting campaigns!

Thanks for reading!

1 comment:

  1. Did you know that you can create short links with BCVC and get cash from every click on your short links.

    ReplyDelete