Saturday, October 8, 2011

Nirai Kanai Okinawan Restaurant @ Liang Court

I love Japanese food. Thanks to my bro, I was introduced to this hidden gem @ Liang Court - Nirai Kanai Okinawan Restaurant.

It is located at the basement level. My bro says their grilled pork is a die-die-must-try (I second that)!

This meal was on him. See, he's sooo happy :D

Light makeup for that day. No thanks to bad complexion :/

I felt as though I was in Japan. The staff there are all Japanese, I believe.

We were there for lunch. Or should I say brunch? Haha. That was my 1st meal of the day.

My bro did the ordering. This noodle/rice set was his. Looks simple much? Wait till you start eating.. Heh..

Delicious max! The pork meat was so tender.. The pork belly literally melted in the mouth.. Look kinda fatty but I don't mind as long as it taste good..

The soup was really flavorful.. And the noodles? Cooked just the way I like.. QQ texture without the starchy taste.. Perfect!

Deceptively ordinary, is what I can say. Something similar to glutinous rice but not as sticky. There's shredded mushrooms and carrot bits, which added texture to the overall taste.

This lil' plate of cold tofu surprised me much. It's not the usual tofu TOFU. Light creamy taste, almost like eating dessert. With the complementing sauce, it tasted even better!

The plain rice, which always seemed to be neglected somehow. I'm not a plain rice person. To think I actually finished the whole bowl, and wanted more. Says something right?

Braised pork belly IS ! Another awesome dish. Even the carrots tasted so good! Sweet, soft.. Ahh..

The eggs were good BUT not fantastic. I'd tried far fabulous ones (think runny egg yolk).

I dislike miso soup as far as I can remember. But this one, so different! It has a smoky taste to it. Needless to say, I finished every bit.

The ✰! Grilled pork with soft bones! Not very photogenic. Once you sink your teeth into it, it's a different story. You should have seen my flabbergasted look. Everything can be eaten, the soft bones included. Melt-in-the-mouth kind, ya know. However, the taste is a lil' too rich to be eaten on your own. Best to be shared.

This is sea salt (I think), meant to be sprinkled on the grilled pork. Adds a nice touch to the overall taste. I LIKE! :d~

The total bill was <$50. Yummilicious food and reasonable pricing. Highly recommended, for sure!

No comments:

Post a Comment