Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Haul/Swatch-Fest: Nubar 2010 & SpaRitual (Shooting Star, Sacred Ground, Optical Illusion, Clarity)

I don't have a penchant for nail polishes. Well, I do like to paint my nails once in a while.

And, here's the unforeseen haul.

I got the Nubar 2010 for $13 (I think) online. Contains reddish orange, gold, golden green duochrome glitter flakies (in various sizes) suspended in the clear thick base. Looks so pretty right?

Can be worn alone, but it shows up better on colored bases. Easy to use, and applies very smoothly.

 

Well, $20 for a (SpaRitual) nail polish is not exactly cheap. I can easily get a OPI or China Glaze for <$10 online.

Shooting Star - a reddish purple color, packed with gold micro-shimmers & pink micro-glitter bits. Part of the Holiday 2011 Twinkle Collection.

2 coats for an opaque finish.

Sacred Ground - a sophisticated dark grey color, packed with green/silver micro-shimmers & gold/purple micro-glitter bits. It was an exceptionally beautiful color, which reminds me of Chanel Illusion d'Ombre in Illusoire.

2 coats for an opaque finish.

Optical Illusion - a moss green color, packed with green and gold micro-glitter bits. I had problem applying this, which leaves me wondering if I'd gotten a defective one. Oh well.

2-3 coats for an opaque finish.

Clarity - a clear-base, packed with silver and pink micro-glitter bits. It was part of the giveaway I won via Joey'space.

3-4 coats for an opaque finish.

 

Swatches (Day 1)

FYI, I applied Nubar 2010 over Shooting Star & Sacred Ground.

The final touch will be Seche Vite Dry Fast Top Coat.

 

Swatches (Day 3)

Thanks for looking!

5 comments:

  1. Nubar 2010 is one of my fav polishes! Try it over a black base. The flakies just pop!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Kim! I shall try that soon :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow clarity is really nice!

    ReplyDelete
  4. yea~ super bling!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good to know! I have them both on WL. And i feel you, i always feel like i wseatd a chance to get a nail polish from my WL that i don't actually have if i buy the same colours.

    ReplyDelete