Saturday, November 5, 2011

Review: Kiss Me Heroine Make Impact Frame & Curl Mascara 01

Kiss Me Heroine Make Long & Curl Mascara is one of my HG mascaras. The Volume & Curl one was okay, but not HG material. I gotta know about this "new" Kiss Me Heroine Make Impact Frame & Curl Mascara 01 from Jones (when she was in HK months ago). She CP-ed for me since it wasn't available in S'pore back then. Thanks once again :D

Now, it is easily available at Watsons for SGD$26.90 (definitely cost lesser in HK).

I like the black/gold packaging as compared to the usual maroon. A more classy look IMO.

The brush is one-of-a-kind; totally different from the mascaras I've used so far. Interesting :D

One side is ribbed, with short brush bristles on the other side.

HOW TO USE?

I use the ribbed side to volumize my lashes, then the short brush bristles to comb the mascara. The mascara itself is super black-black, more intense than its predecessors. Formula-wise, it's rather wet. Do be careful when using the ribbed side as it does deposit a lil' too much mascara on the lashes. The short brush bristles are really good in separating and defining the lashes. I just need to use one coat of mascara and carefully work on my lashes layer by layer. Patience is virtue.

It was a messy affair at 1st attempt. Well, practice makes perfect. After I've got the hang of it, it was a different story altogether. It holds curls very well, all day long. FYI, I've the habit of using eyelash curler to curl my lashes prior mascara application.

Creates a false-lash effect; lengthens and volumizes lashes effectively. Smudge-free. Doesn't flake. Easily removed using an oil-based makeup remover.

Down-side? Tends to clump a little, but nothing serious. A pretty good mascara, I would say. BUT.. I still prefer my HG Kiss Me Heroine Make Long & Curl Mascara :x

4 comments:

  1. The packaging kinds of reminds me of Majolica Majorca's mascaras! Love the effect on you, long and gen gen fen ming. Haha. Your contacts are really pretty too! Haha. AND YOUR BROWS! So neat! I like! My brows are always so messy and just weird. Haha. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Somewhat similar but the cap is different.. The mascara is nice but not my favorite though.. Hehehe thanks! Ahh.. My brows are not always neat.. It's so time-consuming to trim my brows.. But have to! Hmm.. maybe you wanna go do professional brow trimming? After which, you can try to DIY from then onwards.. ^.^

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whahax~ welcome~ ^^ Till now i also like this one!!! Its so black and so voluminous! But Chantana say it will smudge to her undereyes after long hours of wearing.. but i dun find it so? hmm..

    ReplyDelete
  4. ^.~v Ya lor.. This mascara really very black, I like! Hmm.. Heard her saying so.. But I use many times but never smudge after long hrs.. Depends on individual ba?

    ReplyDelete