Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Shills Black Skincare (Deep Sebum Softener, Peel-Off Mask, Clarifying Toner)

In this post, I'm gonna talk about the Shills products I received from Beauty Bistro (Judy Lin Beauty Event). I use the Black Gel Deep Sebum Softener and Purifying Peel-Off Mask about 3-4 times a month. As for the Clarifying Toner, I've been diligently using it for about a month so far, as part of my skincare routine.

 

Black Gel Deep Sebum Softener

The runny gel-like product is not exactly clear as it contains bamboo charcoal powder. Together with papaya enzymes, they help to deep cleanse the problem skin.

I apply the gel onto my problem area (T-zone) and massage gently. Hmm.. I didn't experience any "hot sensation" though, which is said to help soften the sebum and blackheads stuck in the pores.

I leave it on for ~3 mins. By doing so, the gel will penetrate deep into pores and melt the dead keratin cells, dust and extra sebum. Yes, it does help in softening the skin for easy extraction (removal) of blackheads/whiteheads. That's about it. I didn't experience any irritation using the product. Remember to wash off.

Price: SGD$23.90 (30ml)

 

Purifying Peel-Off Mask

This works and looks exactly like Kose Seikisho Mask White. Feels slightly tackier though.

Dry face before use. For dry skin conditions, apply toner to face before use.

I applied the mask uniformly, just the right thickness. Do not apply thinly as it won't be able to remove blackheads/whiteheads effectively. Avoid sensitive areas such as eyes, lips, eye brows and hairlines.

Allow 15-30 mins to dry and peel mask off from the bottom up slowly.

For me, it took ~20mins or so.

As usual, the peeling process does hurt a little. Notice the whiteheads on the peeled-off black mask? It also remove some of my fine facial hair as well.

Well, my skin was not that congested so the results ain't that spectacular. Try using on a congested strawberry nose and be amazed by the results! Tested and proven (;

It works just as well as Kose Seikisho Mask White (much expensive). Hmm.. Pore strips (think Leaders Clinic, Heal Pharm) still work better, which removes more blackheads and whiteheads.

Price: SGD$21.50 (50ml)

 

Clarifying Toner

A oil-balancing formulation that emphasizes on moisturizing skin. Shake bottle well to activate the astringing molecules. Suitable for oily skin, combination skin or any skin type with rough pores.

I use this day & night after cleansing. It can be used after removing blackhead or acne extraction (pore astringent), and also to calm red & inflamed skin.

After shaking, the solution becomes cloudy. I like the refreshing menthol scent, which feels refreshing on the skin too. It works well to refine, minimize and tighten pores. Clarifies my skin and also helps in preventing breakouts. Good in controling sebum as well.

It reminds me of Mentholatum Acnes Medicated Powder Lotion. Overall, I like both. Basically, I like anything menthol/minty :D

Price: SGD$21.90 (100ml)

 

Shills products are available at Beauty Bistro website and Sasa outlets.

For latest info and updates, like Beauty Bistro FB Page and follow 'em on Twitter.

1 comment:

  1. Do you need free YouTube Views?
    Did you know that you can get them ON AUTOPILOT & ABSOLUTELY FREE by registering on Like 4 Like?

    ReplyDelete