Wednesday, November 23, 2011

LOTD/Tutorial: Smoky Emerald (feat. L'oreal Infallible Eyeshadow in 022 Emerald Lame)

As requested by my reader, I'll be doing a tutorial on a smoky look featuring L'oreal Infallible Eyeshadow in 022 Emerald Lame.

Other products used for this LOTD:

  • Majolica Majorca Jeweling Eyes PK785
  • Make Up For Ever HD Blush #8 PDA
  • Ettusais Eye Zone Control in Yellow/Beige
  • Lancôme Le Crayon Khôl Waterproof Eyeliner 01 Raisin Noir
  • Lavshuca Star Decoration Eyes BR-2
  • Too Faced Shadow Insurance
  • Laneige Natural Pure Foundation No.23 Sand Beige (not in picture)
  • Jill Stuart Mix Blush Compact 10 Sweet Biscuit (not in picture)
  • Dramatic Veil (Bright Up) Face Powder (not in picture)
  • Lancôme Le Crayon Sourcils Eyebrow Pencil in Brun (not in picture)
  • Chanel Aqualumière Gloss 66 Freeze (not in picture)
  • Cyber Colors Ex Volume Waterproof Mascara in Black (not in picture)

 

*Note: Product highlighted is provided by beauty company for review purpose.

On my face, I'd already applied Laneige Natural Pure Foundation No.23 Sand Beige. The foundation has a fairly good coverage, which concealed most of my minor flaws like blemishes and scars. To conceal my dark circles, I used Ettusais Eye Zone Control in Yellow/Beige. A little goes a long way. Too much will accentuate fine lines.

I filled my brow gaps using Lancôme Le Crayon Sourcils Eyebrow Pencil in BrunMake Up For Ever HD Blush #8 PDA, blended on my cheeks.

  • Apply Too Faced Shadow Insurance prior eyeshadow application. Using an eye primer will prevent the eyeshadow from fading and creasing.
  • Then, I applied L'oreal Infallible Eyeshadow in 022 Emerald Lame all over the lid area using my (middle) finger. Alternatively, you can use a brush.
  • To define my eyes, I tightlined my upper lashline using Lancôme Le Crayon Khôl Waterproof Eyeliner 01 Raisin Noir. I do the same for 1/3 of my lower lashline (from the outer edge inwards).

 

  • I smudged the eyeliner lightly using 7bella 5E 05 Pencil Brush, then use the same brush to apply my favorite taupe brown shade from Majolica Majorca Jeweling Eyes PK785 on top of the smudged eyeliner. For a more intense look, you can use a darker eyeshadow.
  • I define the outer-V using the same taupe brown shade.
  • Using 7bella 7S01 Small Highlight Brush, I lightly dusted a mix of the pale gold & light pink shades from Majolica Majorca Jeweling Eyes PK785 on my brow bone, and blend out the emerald green + taupe brown shades.

 

  • I dusted the glittery light pink shade from Lavshuca Star Decoration Eyes BR-2 to highlight the area where my epicanthal fold (with 7bella 3E 01 Eyeliner Brush). I also dusted some above the eye contour.
  • Finally, I curled my lashes with Koji eyelash curler no.73 and applied Cyber Colors Ex Volume Waterproof Mascara in Black (a separate review on this). Alternatively, you can use fake lashes.

 

The finished smoky eye look, with mascara-ed lashes.

Dramatic Veil (Bright Up) Face Powder, to set the foundation. Jill Stuart Mix Blush Compact 10 Sweet Biscuit, layered above the MUFE HD Blush #8 PDAChanel Aqualumière Gloss 66 Freeze - for glossy nude lips.

The primary focus will be on the eyes (:

Hmm.. The look is much more intense in real life, than the pictures shown. Hope you enjoyed the post (:

That's all for now. Thanks for reading/looking!

2 comments: