Thursday, February 2, 2012

Review: Kose Seikisho Mask White

I've been using Kose Seikisho Mask White since I was 21.

Kose Seikisho Mask White is formulated with black nano-powder. Eliminates causes of dull complexion to maintain pure white clarity.

Highlights:

  • Peel-off black whitening pack eliminates causes of dull complexion to maintain pure white clarity.
  • Continually delivers active ingredients deep into keratin layer, while simultaneously removing keratotic plugs (comedos), melanin and old keratin that contribute to dark pores.
  • Formulated with black nano-powder that readily disperses on skin, adhering tightly as if bonding with the skin, thanks to excellent film-forming power. Fast-drying too.
  • Enriched with five Japanese and Chinese herbal extracts, including wormwood extract and goldthread extract - the first Seikisho product to incorporate these wholesome natural ingredients.
  • Soothing floral fragrance enhances therapeutic effect.

 

    [info extracted from www.kose.com.sg]

    After cleansing your face, wet cotton pad with Kose Sekkisei Lotion and pat on face.

    Start applying Kose Seikisho Mask White from a - b - c then the rest of face. The cheek area takes a longer time to dry as compared to the T-zone. That's why the application starts from the cheek area. I only use one finger (index finger) to apply so it won't become a messy affair. Apply gently, carefully, generously AND evenly. Do not apply thinly. The layer of mask should be thick enough that you can't see your skin peeking through. Avoid area around eyes, eyebrows, hairline and lips.

    The consistency is quite thick and runny, not as tacky as Shills Purifying Peel-Off Mask. It has a distinct floral herbal scent. Very soothing.

    It will take approximately 20-30mins for the mask to fully dry. You will notice the mask has dried to a matte finish and your skin feels "tightened". After which, peel off from outer edges (starting from chin to cheek to forehead) towards center of face. Lastly, peel off the mask from chin (upwards).

    Wet cotton pad with Kose Sekkisei Lotion and pat on face. This is to soothe the skin and remove any mask residue.

    I love seeing these icky bits. The more, the merrier! It goes to show how effective the mask is (at least for me). Sometime, it does hurt a little when peeling off the mask (too dry!). If you have oilier skin, it's recommended to use about 2-3 times a week. For dry skin, just use once a week will do. I use at least once a week on my T-zone (twice at most). For full-face, I'll do it only 2-3 times a month.

    It helps remove some whiteheads and fine facial hair. I still need to rely on pore strips which helps remove more whiteheads and blackheads. My complexion is noticeably clearer, softer and smoother after use. With regular use, I do notice that my complexion is not as dull as before. That's why after so many years, I'm still using this product!

    Retails at $35 (75ml).

    2 comments:

    1. haha your post reminded me of my own tube of mask! shall use it tonight (: i don't use it very often cos i find it ineffective on my blackheads

      ReplyDelete
    2. ya it's not effective in removing blackheads... pore strips still the best haha! anyway, i still like to use it for removing whiteheads and brighten up my complexion (;

      ReplyDelete