Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Review: Murad Hydro-Dynamic™ Ultimate Moisture

Skincare review again (within such a short time frame)? No-no. I'd been using Murad Hydro-Dynamic™ Ultimate Moisture before the Neogence Ace series (~3weeks)... And now, I'm back on this. I received it last year at its launch event... it's time for a proper review!

According to murad.com...

Why you need it:

Uber-rich, intensely hydrating, all purpose cream provides instant and long term relief from dryness

Primary Benefits:

  • Locks in optimal moisture levels for 8 hours
  • Restores resilience and tone

 

What else you need to know... [via sephora.com]

Formulated WITHOUT: Parabens, Sulfates, Synthetic Fragrances, Synthetic Dyes, Phthalates, GMOs, Triclosan

Retinyl palmitate and shea butter improve texture and restore natural smoothness and softness while Murad's Collagen Support Complex boosts skin's resilience and plumps dehydrated skin.

This product is gentle enough for sensitive skin and dermatologist-developed.

 

The moisturizer is housed in a sturdy acrylic jar.

This is the amount I use on my face. A little goes a long way.

I agree that it has a uber-rich texture. I would say, pretty thick for Singapore's hot and humid climate. It's nothing greasy, much to my delight.

It does leave a slight film on the skin. Nothing too uncomfortable.

I layer it on, after serum.

Going on to the review... Murad Hydro-Dynamic™ Ultimate Moisture has a slight scent to it, which I can't quite put into words to describe. Anyway, it takes some time to absorb. Say 15mins? I wouldn't label it as "lightweight" definitely. Fyi, I wasn't too fond of this moisturizer initially, just so because I find the texture too rich for my combination skin (oily on the outside, dry on the inside). That is the reason why I only incorporate it in my night skincare routine. And, I try to apply just a thin layer, after serum. Despite that, I wake up with a somewhat "greasy-looking" face. It doesn't bother me much unless I use it in the day (which I don't). I do notice that my skin feels really soft and supple after washing up. So far, it doesn't clog pores or cause any irritations/breakouts. For me, it's great for overnight use. I wouldn't recommend it for day use unless your skin is very-very dry.

Overall, I do like how my skin looks visibly plumped up after few weeks of use. I would love it if the texture is much lighter, so I can use it in the day as well. The bottom line is, those with really dry skin will adore this much... AND esp. those living in countries with winter climate.

Retails for SGD$142 (50ml).

Available at:-

  • BHG Bugis
  • Metro Paragon
  • Robinson Centrepoint
  • Tara apothecary
  • Sephora outlets

 

Hope this review helps. Thanks for reading!

2 comments:

  1. skincareandbeautybumsFebruary 21, 2012 at 8:14 PM

    Do you think it's worth the money? Or do you think drugstore brands can provide the same effect as this? Like The Body Shop's Vitamin E Nourishing Night Cream which is also pretty rich and moisturizing (:

    ReplyDelete
  2. f you've the money to spare, it'll be a worthwhile investment to address dry skin concerns. This is the richest moisturizer I've ever used. As for drugstore brand, I've tried L'oreal Youth Code Day Cream which has a lighter consistency. The result was quite ok (in my opinion). I prefer Murad's.

    Whether it's drugstore or departmental store skincare, choose one that works for your skin type. For departmental store ones, you can always request for a sample to try before buying (:

    ReplyDelete