Thursday, February 9, 2012

Review: Kose Sekkisei Lotion

This is the most expensive lotion (toner) I've purchased so far, $121 (360ml). Earlier on, I featured this Kose Sekkisei Lotion HERE.

Here's how the lotion looks like. It has a watery texture. It doesn't run clear; slightly cloudy.

Highlights:

  • Trusted and adored by legions of fans since 1985.
  • Refreshing whitening and moisturizing essence that helps to prevent pigmentation, freckles and dehydration. To give you skin fair as snow.
  • Fortified with extracts of Chinese Pearl Barley, Melothria Heterophylla, Angelica and Licorice as well as Germ Oil, Vitamin E acetate and other oil-based cosmetic ingredients.

 

[info extracted from www.kose.com.sg]

 

For me, I use this as a regular toner (with a cotton pad) after cleansing my face. Occasionally, I like to use this as a Lotion Mask for an instant moisture boost. For those with parched dry skin, you can mask 2 - 3 times weekly (besides using it as a toner).

Kose Pill Mask

How to use as a Lotion Mask?

  • Place the pill mask in bottle cap of Sekkisei Lotion.
  • Fill cap generously with Sekkisei Lotion and allow mask to absorb lotion till it puffs up.
  • Unfold the mask and place onto clean face for about 5 - 10 mins.
  • Apply your regular skincare after removing mask.


The pill mask puffs up instantly, absorbing all the lotion goodness!

Kose Sekkisei Lotion has a floral + alcohol scent. When I used the Lotion Mask (soaked with Kose Sekkisei Lotion), I couldn't stand the super strong alcohol scent. Well, I gradually got used to the scent eventually. According to Kose, it offers superb moisture (10 times higher than without lotion mask) to skin to give a luster you have never known before... I can't judge much on that, but I sure enjoy the mask-ing results nevertheless. My skin always looks radiant and somewhat fairer after using the Lotion Mask. Btw, I leave on the mask for only 5 mins.

Using it as a regular toner, I noticed that my complexion is clearer and brighter (and fairer over time). I like that it absorbs easily into the skin sans the sticky feel. I didn't experience any dryness or irritation after finishing this huge bottle (that's my 2nd bottle fyi). And, I really like how it feels soothing to the skin (be it as a toner/mask). I can see why Kose Sekkisei Lotion is trusted and adored by legions of fans since 1985.

It is on the pricey side but this huge bottle (360ml) can last you for about 3-4 months depending on your usage. Definitely worth the repurchase.

No comments:

Post a Comment