Wednesday, June 22, 2011

LOTD: Rainbow Flutters &.. A Review on Maybelline BB Cream

This was the LOTD I had on the day of the FORD Supermodel Singapore 2011 Media Event. I decided to have a rainbow theme. Hmm.. More colors for my eye makeup (I mean). And, check out my super long lashes! Yes, fake ones (duh). LOL.

What's on my face. The title says it all: Maybelline BB CreamMaybelline Clear Smooth Minerals BB Cream SPF 26/PA+++ (Fresh) to be specific. Received this at the Bloggers' event and I've used it for several times. So, time for a review!

Photo (above) re-used :x

CLICK HERE for the swatch-es.

On to my review. For me, the BB cream texture is just right (not too thick, not too runny). Best thing? Blends effortlessly, giving my face a really nice brightening touch. A dewy finish, certainly not matte. No sticky feel. Oil control not that fantastic, not THAT bad as well. Coverage wise, is quite good (for me). Evens out my skin tone well. However, there's a need for a separate concealer if you want perfect full-coverage.

"Fresh" is a good match for me (NC20), and I find it really easy to apply. You know some BB creams ain't easy to apply and often leaves an ugly white cast. I find it rather disturbing, seeing ladies with ashy-looking faces on photos as well as in real life. DO NOT use a much lighter shade and think you'll look fairer. That's NOT the way. Trust me. Thankfully, Maybelline BB Cream doesn't make me look ashy. Agree much?

While the Maybelline BB Cream promises 8 Healthy Skin Benefits, namely Hydration, Skin Elasticity, Reduced Redness, Natural Radiance, Clarity, Smoothness, Reduced Pore Size, Reduced Dullness. I don't know about Skin Elasticity. Don't think it helps much in that aspect. Overall, it fulfills 7 out of 8 benefits (IMO). Not bad eh. I like that it doesn't have any peculiar scent to it. Oh, the price is super wallet-friendly ($16.90). Even better when there's promotion going on! eg. $13.52 after 20% discount. You won't regret purchasing this! (:

The lenses I had on was super uncomfortable. Made me tear non-stop :/ I discarded 'em after just using 'em twice. It was supposed to last me for months! And, I didn't like the stupid eyeliner. The one I used to line my bottom lashline. Majolica Majorca Cream Pencil Liner BK999, from the Chapter 30: Sugary Trap Collection. I love BR611 so much, yet I hate this black one to the core. Why?! :/

It smudges and flakes badly on me. Doesn't apply on smoothly. I hate it. Period.

Face:

  • Maybelline Clear Smooth Minerals BB Cream SPF 26/PA+++ (Fresh)
  • Maybelline Clear Smooth Shine Free Face Powder SPF18 02 Nude Beige
  • Illamasqua Blush (Kiss)

 

Eyes:

  • Random brand fake lashes
  • Kiss Me Heroine Make Smooth Liquid Eyeliner
  • Majolica Majorca Cream Pencil Liner BK999
  • SMH 1492 e/s
  • SMH Ultra Violet e/s
  • Lunasol Nature Color Eyes 04 Nature Beige
  • Random brand yellow-gold e/s
  • Majolica Majorca Customize Sword Cut BR771
  • KATE Eyebrow Color LB-1

 

*Note: Products highlighted are provided by beauty companies.

Thanks for reading/looking! (:

4 comments:

  1. I don't quite like the bbcream leh :( It just feel unset even when I set it with the maybelline pressed powder or my own loose powder! (maybe if I skip sunblock....)

    I have weird type of combination skin... my skin love anti-aging range of foundation/bbcream.. but not so much on skincares range!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not the best BB cream I tried so far but for me, not bad lor. For me, I just lightly brush on loose powder or pressed powder over it. Or only apply powder at the undereye area. Maybe you skip sunblock? Coz I didn't use sunblock since it got SPF.

    You love hydrating skincare range! My skin also weird. Dry forehead. Oily nose. -.-

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH I received an email notification for this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. yesyesyes! me too! like FINALLY >.<

    ReplyDelete