Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Guerlain Rouge Automatique Launch Party @ CK Tangs

Last last Sunday (29th May), I attended the Guerlain Rouge Automatique Launch Party @ CK Tangs. It was a lovely invitation by Celebrity Stylist Trey Wong.

Guerlain, a well-known luxury brand for makeup, skincare, and perfume. And so, we were there to witness the revolution of Rouge Automatique.

It is the 1st modern, capless automatic lipstick that opens and closes with one hand!

The range of Guerlain lippies:

  • Rouge G Ultimate luxury, Sophisticated refinement (Exceptional complete lipstick)
  • Rouge AutomatiqueThe IT-makeup, Modern refinement (Long-lasting, Hydration/Shine)
  • KissKiss Easy to use and wear for all occasions, Classic refinement (Hydration - comfort)

 

A light, fresh and fun lipstick that adorns the lips with pure, transparent crystal color.

  • Rouge Automatique was created in 1936(!!), reinvented this year 2011.
  • Housed in an elegant, ultra-contemporary slender gold tube.
  • Moisturizing 2nd skin texture (sensorial oils combined with waxes to create an extremely fine film that fuses with the lips for impeccable coverage and maximum comfort.)
  • Unique lasting hold (a siliconed complex composed of a rich, non-sticky oil and a resin for exceptional shine, set color. Smudge-proof.)
  • Color innovation (the radiance of a crystal pigment to increase color and shine effects.)
  • A new enchanting and fantasy universe, a bouquet of 25 pop and fun, bright, luminous and delicately transparent shades. Each one of the shades is named after a cult house creation.

 

Les Beiges

  • 100 Apres l’Ondee
  • 101 Voilette de Madame
  • 102 Ne M’Oubliez Pas
  • 103 Chant d’Aromes
  • 104 Jicky
  • 105 Vol de Nuit

 

Les Rouges

  • 120 Coque d’Or
  • 121 Rouge d’Enfer
  • 122 Liu
  • 123 Habit Rouge
  • 124 Samsara
  • 125 Vega

 

Les Roses

  • 160 Bal de Mai
  • 161 Cherry Blossom
  • 162 Bloom of Rose
  • 163 Rose Bengale
  • 164 Chamade
  • 165 Champs-Elysees
  • 166 Shalimar
  • 167 Guet-Apens
  • 168 L’Heure Bleue

 

Les Oranges

  • 140 Mitsouko
  • 141 Quand Vient l’Ete
  • 142 Fleur de Feu
  • 143 Nahema

     

    Retail Price: $50(!!)

    $50 x 25 = $1250

    I'm totally intrigued by 122!!

    Why so??

    LIU is my surname!!

    Pretty red, isn't it?! o.o

    Hahas I'm biased like that!

    165 Champs-Elysees! I like this also! Saw Temptalia's review and I was like W-O-W!!

    Super gorgeous raspberry pink-red!

    Looks like a weapon yea :x

    A weapon of seduction that is.

      

    Chicken breast meat with red pepper. Dunno what's the sauce though. Tasted ok but I prefer thigh meat :x

    Salmon cheese tart? The creamy cheese taste was so strong that I couldn't even taste the salmon!

    And of coz, photo-taking with Trey!

    Ever so friendly and easy-going. It was really nice knowing him (:

    An introduction talk by Maxime Poulin (Guerlain Makeup Artist from Paris).

    Here's Trey talking about fashion (bright colors). He looked so serious :x He IS.

    This lucky lady won a makeover by Maxime Poulin AND Trey Wong! Her "Before" photo.

    In the midst of makeover. Top-notch makeup skills, I must say!

    The final look!

    What a great difference! Even her three kids thought so. They looked so excited to witness the change in their mummy's look!

    Sidetrack: I love this.. BUT.. look kinda painful eh.. See the plasters :s

    Makeup demo time!

    It's important to start with clean sanitized hands.. Hygiene is important!

    Shall let the photos do the talking.

    The sultry smoky makeup look. Me like!

    SWATCH-FEST!

    121 and 122 swapped.

    Chill-out @ Coffee Club. The service was exceptionally BAD!

    I had Iced Cappuccino. So-so.

    Iced Mocha (I think).

     

    After food and drinks, what's left of 122 LIU is the stained red lips look on me. Nice? To me, nice (:

    Goodie bag + 1-item haul 

    Purposely let y'all see the price tag :x

    20% off btw. That's $40 for "my surname" lippy 

    The one (without price tag) is gifted to me - 105 Vol de Nuit.

    Can see the not-so-clear red arrow pointing downwards? Push to open..

    Cool mechanism right?

    Taken with iPhone. Not too bad huh.

    122 LIU is more of a cool pinkish (strong) red. Think strawberry. The yellow lighting does distort the true color to an extent >.< It has a nice-smelling rose scent which doesn't lingers. The lippy feels extremely lightweight and moisturizing on my lips. Feels so comfy! This reminds me of the MUFE lipstick I've. Of coz Guerlain's looks/feels much more moisturizing than MUFE's. All in all, I love Guerlain's lippies!

    Oh.. I got this pretty fuschia pink bracelet after a lip consultation (which I did "my own consultation" afterall xD). And, it led me to purchasing "my surname" lippy!

    The salesgirl was nice enough to give me makeup samples. I wanted to try the liquid foundation but she said don't have -.-

    Okay la. I've this to try - Guerlain Parure Pearly White The New Compact Foundation. Enough for 1-time application I think. Hmm......

     

    That's all for the super photo-intensive post. I'm dead tired after editing the photos and typing (just for this post!)...... Gosh.. Look at the many hours spent...... Thanks for reading/looking. xoxo

    No comments:

    Post a Comment