Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Unveil The Truth; McDonald's Open Doors

Do you know that McDonald's has more than 115 restaurants island-wide (in Singapore)? I didn't know that until I attended the McDonald's Open Doors Kitchen Tour last Sat.

The bloggers-only event was held at McDonald's @ King Albert Park.

It was my 1st OMY event and luckily I wasn't alone...... I met Clara (DblChin) & Felica there! :D

Coke with salt for me coz I was down with sore thoat and flu. #toopidhaze

Linda, giving us a brief intro before we embarked on the tour.

And so, the tour begins! We were led to this "secret chamber"......

The batches of assorted buns with expiry date stated. Freshness is ensured. No worries.

Moreee buns! These are for Teppanyaki Chicken McGrill :d~

Here's the spacious well-ventilated storeroom. Very clean and neat right?

Cute -> Purple Grimace :D

Guess what's the dark-looking liquid inside the plastic containers?

Answer: HOT FUDGE!

Entering the chiller where the food items are stored. There's a freezer right behind another door. Brrr.. Super duper cold but shiok! :p

Temperature inside the freezer is -19°C!!!

The very colorful crew room, where the crew members have their break-time.

They have the "Crew Member Of The Month Award", which I believe the winners will be entitled to incentives and such?

McDonald's see the importance of keeping the crew members motivated. Thumbs up!

Woah! I spot a camera-ready crew! :D

I SMURF McDonald's!

My usual special order(s): Double Cheese Burger (plain), McWings (all wings). I'll try McChicken Burger (add cheese) next time :p

Each segment is catered for different fried items. Everything is just so systematic yea.

Buns are toasted to perfection, using this machine here. The crew members are extremely fast and efficient! I couldn't even take a proper photo of the freshly toasted buns after numerous tries =.="

o.o!?!?!?

Ohhh.. Grilling the meat patties!

Are you drooling yet? I am! :d~

How can we forget the pipin' hot apple pies?! Crispy outer crust, with sweet caramelized apple filling...... *yum yum*

All-time-favorite fries! Crispy on the outside yet fluffy on the inside.

-End of Tour-

 

Mini-buffet session begins! Super hungry (as usual).

Cup corns, with butter and a dash of salt. Then *shake-shake-shake*.

McNuggets! I truly missed the spicy ones very much...... :(

Best dipped in curry sauce. I missed the mayo sauce very much too...... *grumpy-face*

Me loveee McWings! Not a fan of drumlets though.

New item - Big N' Tasty Burger! Love the smokey sauce, beef patty, bun. A must-try for beef lovers :d~

Veggie-overload.

See how juicy the beef patty is! *slurps*

Another new item - Horlicks McFlurry.. Milo is still my favorite! (When izzit coming back again?)

Tried cheesy fries for the 1st time. Taste like Cheezels. Hmm well.. Good but not fantastic. I want my seaweed shaker fries back pls! TYVM (:

Cinnamon Melts. Love this, albeit too sweet!

Yeah~ to free treats!

Are you intrigued to join in the McDonald's Open Doors Tour? There will be open-to-public kitchen tours conducted on every 3rd Sunday of the month (from 18 Sept 2011 to 19 Feb 2012). CLICK HERE to register now.

Thanks OMY & McDonald's for such an insightful tour! Enjoyed every bit! 

7 comments:

  1. i tried the big n tasty burger but i thought it tasted like big mac. haha i love how you can take pictures of macd's and make them look so nice lor. makes me feel like trying the big n tasty burger again hahahaha

    ReplyDelete
  2. A lot has changed since I last work there in 2001.I love going to the freezer last time.Because the fries area was hot.LOL! I only handled the cashier,fries and lobby when I worked there. No kitchen.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Madlynny, I think it taste similar to Qtr Pounder though.. The sauce was really niceee! hehehe thanks ^^ I'm gonna eat this again soon..

    Aizutto, that was like 10 years ago! Much has changed no doubt.. For the better of coz..

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Big N' Tasty Burger really taste like Big MAC, but more juicy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. They were saying the beef patty for Big N' Tasty is more pure, while the ones for Cheese Burger/Big Mac less beef concentration. To me, taste very different coz Cheese Burger/Big Mac beef patty more dry. I like it to be juicy hehehe..

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cinnamon Melts! Seaweed Shaker Fries are the best shaker fries that McDonalds came up with. /didn't like the Honey-something one that much.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cinnamon Melts & Seaweed Shaker Fries are the BEST ever! I don't like the taste of Honey Chipotle as well.. Not that tasty..

    ReplyDelete