Friday, February 25, 2011

NOTD: Grunge + Fbomb (feat. Urban Decay Apocalyptic Nail Kit & Seche Vite Dry Fast Top Coat)

Phew! What a long title post! I'm a total noob when it comes to nails. And seriously, I hate it when I've to redo my nails again and again coz I always seem to mess up my nails somehow. And it doesn't help that the nails take eons to dry :/ That is the reason why I rather go for mani/pedi instead of wasting my time DIY-ing.

It was not until I stumbled upon this wonderful website recommended by Hazel and I bought my very first dry fast top coats (Seche Vite & Poshe). Now, I find myself DIY-ing my nails rather than go for mani/pedi (once in awhile lol xD).

These are the products I used. The Urban Decay ones are part of the Apocalyptic Nail Kit I bought last year. Orly Top 2 Bottom (Basecoat & Topcoat All-In-One), was part of a French Manicure Kit I bought sometime back at Sasa. Rather fast drying and non-yellowing. Seche Vite Dry Fast Top Coat is my saviour coz I no longer need to wait THAT long for my nails to dry! I love the shiny glossy finish that it creates. It helps strengthen my soft brittle nails and after 4 days, there's no signs of chipping. In the past, my manicured nails chip usually on the same day itself. The feeling sucks totally :/ Thank goodness I bought Seche Vite!

Shades: White Widow (white sparkle), Gunmetal (gunmetal sparkle), Apocalypse (black-purple), Grunge (metallic peacock), Meltdown (royal purple), Big Bang (sparkling hot pink), Fbomb (true red)

Fbomb, a true red color (?). A deep red, I reckon. This photo above is the closest to the actual color. The formula isn't goopy(gooey) or watery, which is pretty easy to apply. Just 1-2 coats will achieve an even creamy finish. Fret not, it's not sheer at all. It's definitely not a unique color yea (: And the best part, the color makes my hands appear fairer!

And so, I applied Orly Top 2 Bottom (Basecoat & Topcoat All-In-One), then Fbomb and finished off with Seche Vite Dry Fast Top Coat. Pardon the imperfections T^T

Grunge, a metallic peacock color (?). I would decribe the color as a midnight blue color (above photo closest match to actual color) coz it looks much darker when applied. Formula wise, it's similar to Fbomb I think. It is easy to work with, no worries. Actually 1 coat is enough for a decent metallic finish. See the pretty microshimmery bits? The microshimmery bits are close to non-existence when applied =.=

Application procedure is same as above. I don't like my feet coz they're veiny, dark and fugly. Look like men's feet :,/ How I wish I've fairer, nicer looking feet......

Get what I mean? The BIG difference =.=ll

No comments:

Post a Comment