Thursday, February 10, 2011

[29.1.11] Part 1: Chanel Workshop, Lush 1-item haul, Paradise Dynasty lunch & BK expresso sundae

29.1.11, it was a long day of mixed feelings. There are 3 parts and here's Part 1 :D

That morning, I went to Chanel complimentary hands-on skincare workshop. It wasn't a bloggers' event, not some collaboration with any magazine/FB or whatsoever. I guessed I was lucky enough to be invited b'coz I recently bought Chanel makeup (I think) ^^ ? Anyway, I was elated to be in the workshop as I was among the first few to experience Chanel's new Le Blanc skincare range.

I like this quote:

"A woman is only as good as the light and peace she radiates." Gabrielle Chanel

Le Blanc "Let There Be Light".

 

Sharing the information from the lil' booklet given.







Mini Chanel makeup applicators. Blush brush, e/s sponge-tip applicators, mascara wand, lip brush and the white thingy is to scrape lipstick for hygiene purpose.

Foundation sponge, powder puff.

Le Blanc Whitening Moisture Nanolotion, Whitening Concentrate, Whitening Moisturizing Fluid, Whitening Moisturizing Cream.

Le Blanc Light Mastering Whitening Fluid Foundation SPF25 PA+++ B20 BeigeLight Mastering Whitening Compact Foundation SPF25 PA+++.

The perfect shade for my skin tone 

 

It was truly a fun 2-hr long workshop. I would say it was a mini work shop since only 8 people were invited, with only 1 who didn't turn up. It was a great Chanel experience session where we indulged in the luxury skincare and makeup products. I'm lovin' the scent of the Le Blanc skincare range; refreshing. The texture is light and feels oh-so-good on my skin ! The brightening effect was evident and makeup application was a breeze. My complexion was radiant and so glowy (: I'm looking forward to next Chanel workshop, if there is any. Thanks Ting Ying from Chanel !

 

:

:

:

 

I was at Nature Republic @ 313 to purchase the CNY goodie bags that Chantana had blogged about. And being a Nature Republic member, I already received a notification sms from 'em. Will blog about the goodies on the next post :D

And there, I finally collected Lush Porridge Soap from Kimberly (ladeekim).

Prior to this, I had no idea what do I use this for. I just know it smells really good hahas ! Now, I know xD

 

:

:

:

 

Here, I'm gonna rant about the disappointing late lunch I had at Paradise Dynasty (Orchard Ion) ! To think, I did my "homework" before going. Pfft. I was sooo wrong, the awesome ratings are BLUFF one lor ! My face was super sulky coz I hate eating bad restaurant food !

Took photos of my siblings. We had a small tiff before the meal =.=

Yeah, this is my "Chanel face" I mentioned in Twitter :p

My face complete with Chanel skincare and makeup except that I touched up my lashes with Sasatinnie Super Dolly Powerful Curling Mascara - Black.

Xiang jian pau-s (pan-fried meat buns). Average, not that juicy. There's this stall at Tampines One which sells pretty awesome ones - 3pcs for $2 !

Xie huang xiao long bao-s (crab roe soup dumplings). $12.80++ for 6pcs !! Bloody NOT worth the $$$ spent at all !! I didn't taste a hint of crab roe at all :/ Imperial Treasure xlb-s beat 'em anytime, seriously !!

Ah xin is finally smiling uh =.= See the "steam effect".

Here comes the la mian-s.

My HIGHLY-RECOMMENDED (NOT-TO-ORDER) la mian with sliced pork in signature pork bone soup ($9.80). Soup too salty, really tough over-cooked pork ! So-so noodles :/ KNS

Ah mei's la mian with braised pork belly in signature pork bone soup ($10.80). The pork belly tasted better, but still don't have the WOW factor.

Ah xin's spicy beef la mian. Tasted the best among our orders, that's what he said. I say, normal.

The interior design of the restaurant is really beautiful, as compared to other Chinese restaurants I'd visited. Other than that, the food was really THAT BAD :/

Quite alot of people. TSK. Oh well, this will be my 1st and last visit to Paradise Dynasty. Period.

Yeah ^^our dessert was settled at Burger King (Plaza Singapura) b'coz of time constraint. And, it was Ah xin's treat ^^v

Expresso sundae ! He intro-ed this to us and it tasted heavenly ! The lovely combination of the bitter taste of expresso + sweet taste of vanilla ice-cream :d~ $2.50. A must try for coffee lovers !

 

Stay tuned for Part 2 and 3 (:

5 comments:

  1. I have been wanting to go to Paradise Dynasty to try their dumplings!! Argh, hate paying for bad food too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL me three. I complain almost too much whenever I pay for food that taste like shit. Spoils my whole day until I get dessert hahaha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Joyce, disappointment is what you'll get, so prolly you should save your money for better quality food..

    Madlynny, hahas I love dessert anytime ! Sweeten up my day..

    ReplyDelete
  4. OOOh.. that Expresso sundae sound yummy! I WANT TO TRY THAT!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It IS yummy ! Go try !

    ReplyDelete