Monday, April 16, 2012

Review: original beautyblender®

In the past, I only use my trusty fingers to apply liquid foundation. Well, I still use this method, but not as often now. When I want a more flawless finish, I'll reach out for Sigma F80, a super awesome brush by the way.

Now, I've another new awesome makeup tool for flawless finish makeup. YES-YES, the much sought after "celebrity" egg-like makeup sponge - beautyblender®. Egg-cited much!

Oh yeah!~ THANKS Ariel (Japalang Pte Ltd

The single beautyblender® comes in this packaging, retails for $29.90 at selected BHG stores and beautycarousel.com.

 

Also comes in:-

  • the duo kit (2 x beautyblender®) - $39.90
  • starter kit (beautyblender® blendercleanser® 5oz) - $49.90

PS: The full-size blendercleanser® comes in 6oz, retails for $28.90.

 

If hot pink ain't your kind of color, there's always the pure™ version.

 

I've been using this for a couple of times, to apply liquid foundation. And... I'm lovin' it!

The pointed end of the sponge makes it easier for me to reach the smaller areas of the face - around the nose and mouth, under the eyes.

Fyi, it can also be used for achieving dramatic results with eyeshadow... sounds interesting eh? heh. I haven't tried for myself though :D

soft and 'bouncy'!

The round base is meant to be used on the larger areas of the face - forehead, cheeks and chin. Its lack of edges eliminates streaks, allowing for a perfect makeup application every time.

the cute lil' hot pink "egg"!

beautyblender® is 100% latex-free, odorless and hypoallergenic. With proper maintenance, the makeup sponge should last 4 to 6 months.

beautyblender® can be used with all types of makeup, including loose powder and mineral makeup. It can also be used wet or dry BUT... the BEST results are achieved when used WET.

When wet, it becomes bloated to almost twice its original size! SO CUTE~

When it air dries, it goes back to its normal size.

 

How to use?

Dampen beautyblender® and towel dry to remove excess water before use. Using the stippling technique, I 'bounce' the sponge with liquid foundation up and down onto the skin (I like how soft it feels on the skin!). This ensures that the liquid foundation is applied evenly onto the skin, deposits and blends the base makeup all at once.

I apply a light layer, building coverage when needed. To conceal skin imperfections, I simply stipple and twist over 'em.

I find that when used with liquid foundation with thinner consistency, a lot of product gets soaked up by the sponge. Hence, I'll dot the product on the forehead, cheeks, chin and nose first, then proceed with the stippling technique. I think it'll work better with liquid foundations of slightly thicker consistency.

I'm currently using Daiso detergent to cleanse it after every use. Not bad, in my opinion. Do note that the color does bleed a little with every wash. For better cleansing power, the blendercleanser® is definitely highly recommended.

 


This is just a thin layer of liquid foundation. The almost airbrushed finish WOW-ed me upon the 1st use. I never knew this cute lil' egg can actually make such a significant difference!

I love how it leaves my base makeup looking smooth, even and naturally flawless. No unsightly streaks or uneven patches at all. Amazing!

100% streak-free! No cakiness too!

beautyblender® has undoubtedly become my favorite makeup tool now. Gonna repurchase once it retires in 6 months time (:

Ok, that's all for now. Have a great week ahead!

***All product info and unmarked images are extracted from press release.***

No comments:

Post a Comment