Sunday, April 8, 2012

Lancôme Hypnôse Doll Eyes Mascara

I guess most of you have already heard of the highly acclaimed Lancôme Hypnôse Doll Eyes Mascara, which is said to give you true doll lashes -- separated, thick, long, "nylon-shine" lashes.

Marketed as Lancôme's first fragranced mascara, it has whiffs of ultra-feminine floral notes -- a sweet rosy scent.

Retails at $50, available at all Lancôme Beauty counters.

It is elegantly packaged in a curvaceous glossy black tube, embellished with a shower of Lancôme's signature roses.

Lancôme's research laboratories actually took 7 years to perfect this ideal hybrid wand, which is protected by a trio of patents. It has a nylon, conical brush tip that enables it to capture every lash, even the tiny ones at the corner of the eyes.

I curled my lashes prior application, which is a must.

At least 2 coats of mascara is needed for the doll-eye effect. As you can see, the intensity of the black is there. It actually forms a liner effect at the base of lashes, making the eye look so much awake defined.

I usually do 2 coats of mascara, shown in the image above.

left eye with mascara, right eye without mascara

My thoughts:

The mascara formula is slightly wet, which takes a while to dry. The first few attempts of using this mascara weren't that favorable, quite messy in a sense. I find that it is much easier to work with after subsequent uses, when the mascara formula is more dried out. This is what I notice for most mascaras.

I find that the brush size is too big to work with, while I like that the iconical brush tip does help in getting to the tiniest of lash easily.

It scores well in thickening and lengthening my lashes sans the clumps, making 'em look fuller. I really like how intense the black is, with a hint of glossiness.

The mascara being non-waterproof, I'm glad that it doesn't smudge/flake on me... not even once. However, the one thing I dislike about a non-waterproof mascara is the lack of ability to hold curls. Well, it is easily removed though -- using Bifesta Eye Makeup Remover.

Overall, this is a pretty good mascara but doesn't have the wow factor. Having said that, I'm sure the waterproof version will fit the bill.

***All product info are extracted from press release.***

2 comments:

  1. please get your contacts fitted. It could be that they are too tight and that's why your eyes are all red.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hmm... thanks for the advice.

    ReplyDelete