Thursday, August 16, 2012

Maybelline Clear Smooth B.B Stick

B.B Stick, simply means BB Cream in stick form. Maybelline Clear Smooth B.B Stick comes with SPF 21 PA+++, which means you can do without sunblock. However, if you are constantly exposed to the sun, do slap on sunblock with a high SPF!

I'll be covering the Baby Lips Lip Balms on a separate post. A sneak peek for now (:

Here are the 2 shades sent to me:- 01 Fresh and 03 Radiance.

The B.B Stick contains mineral clay, which helps to visibly erase the appearance of pores and skin impurities. Not only that, it also mattifies the skin, by absorbing excess sebum.

It also contains salicylic acid, which benefits those with acne-prone skin.

How to use?

Apply the B.B Stick directly to well-moisturized face and blend it out with fingers. Alternatively, you can use a brush or sponge.

Here are the swatches of B.B Stick 03 Radiance, B.B White 02 Natural (BB Cream) and B.B Stick 01 Fresh, for comparison.

Clearly, B.B White 02 Natural (BB Cream) is not a good match for my skin tone. B.B Stick 01 Fresh suits those with fair to fair-medium skin tone while B.B Stick 03 Radiance suits those with medium to medium-dark skin tone.

Well-moisturized, bare skin.

I  applied half of my face with 01 Fresh. It does look a lil' too fair on me initially. However, it somehow adjusts and gradually blends in with my skin tone. The B.B Stick has a lightweight texture. I enjoy how it glides on the skin easily; easy to spread and blend out. Upon blending out, it morphs into a smooth powdery finish. There's no need to set with powder. If you wish to, just dust some loose powder over will do.

The coverage of the B.B Stick is pretty decent, evens out my skin tone effortlessly. It does not conceal imperfections perfectly, but at least they don't look so obvious. If you want full coverage, just use a separate concealer.

I must emphasize that the skin must be well-moisturized prior application as the B.B Stick tends to accentuate dry, flaky areas.

My light makeup look, achieved in less than 5 mins! Hmm... nothing for the brows coz they will be covered up by my bangs :X

The additional 2 products I need for a light makeup look:-

  • Maybelline Jelly Glow 02 Fresh Pink
  • Maybelline Baby Lips Lip Balm in Mango Pie

The Jelly Glow Blush, looking not so cute anymore >.<~~

I like how Jelly Glow Blush 02 Fresh Pink gives my cheeks a natural looking flush :D

Maybelline Clear Smooth B.B Stick is affordably priced at $17.90, available at Watsons and Guardian.

*Note: Products mentioned here are provided by beauty company.

***All product info are extracted from press release.***

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment