Monday, August 27, 2012

Review / LOTD - Dramatic Long Mascara & Dramatic Rich Liquid Eyeliner

A while ago, I received some makeup goodies from Plusoneasia Pte Ltd (Thank you, Eileen!). In this post, I'll be reviewing products from Dramatic Cosmetics - Long Mascara and Rich Liquid Eyeliner

160% longer lashes? Sounds promising yea?

Hot pink + black, makes me happy ^^

As you can see from the image above, it contains fibers that are supposed to help lengthen your lashes.

Ooo... this liquid eyeliner can withstand tears (no panda eyes)! 

The brush tip is 0.1mm, which allows flexibility in lining the eyes. According to preference, you can draw thinly or thickly. I prefer the latter (:

It can be layered on for greater intensity. True to its name, it is really rich (black). Rich glossy black, to be precise.

For this LOTD, I applied L'oreal Color Infallible Eyeshadow 031 Innocent Turquoise over the eye contour area, 'Alice' from Urban Decay Alice in Wonderland (UDAIW) on the eyelid, 'White Rabbit' (UDAIW) to highlight the brow bone area and inner bottom lashline, 'Underland' (UDAIW) on outer bottom lashline. Fyi, no eye primer was used. 

I used Shu Uemura Hard Formula Eyebrow Pencil to shape the brows and fill the gaps.

This was my LOTD for the Matrix Biolage Day Event. For the record, the eye colors definitely look brighter and more intense in real life.

I didn't line my eyes thickly. Maybe I should? The liquid eyeliner formula is a lil' wet, hence I'll wait a while for it to dry before opening my eyes. If not, there'll be smudges. I like that brush tip is soft, which allows me to line my eyes gently and smoothly, with ease and flexibility. I suppose it's waterproof since it can withstand tears. It doesn't smudge or flake all day long. I like how rich and intense the black is, and the hint of glossiness. It is good enough to make it to my list of my favorite liquid eyeliners. Woots!

For my lashes, I curled 'em prior applying 2 coats of mascara. The mascara formula is a lil' wet too, which takes slightly longer to dry. So don't be too quick to bat your eyes. I don't think it is waterproof coz it doesn't state so. Sad to say, it does weigh down my lashes. Well, it does its job best at lengthening. And clearly, there's not much volume to speak of. That aside, the mascara applied very smoothly and easily. No clumping, flaking, smudging. 

Both are easily removed using a good eye makeup remover. 

Other products used:

  • Coffret D'or Lasting Power Stay Fix UV Makeup Base
  • Lancôme Teint Miracle Foundation PO-3
  • Chanel Glossimer 132 Mirage
  • Benefit Sugarbomb Powder

 

No comments:

Post a Comment