Thursday, December 22, 2011

LOTD: Evil Red (feat. Illamasqua Medium Pencil in Severe)

Red + Black; the power combi that gives off the evil vibe.

I use the shimmery pale peachy beige shade from KATE Deep Eyes GY-1 as the overall base color. Using Illamasqua Medium Pencil in Severe, I line the upper and lower lashline. Then, I apply the shimmery black plus shimmery gray shades from KATE Deep Eyes GY-1 over the lid area (without overlapping the lined area). I apply the same shades onto the outer 1/3 of the lower lashline, blending inwards. For a wide eye look, extend the eye colors beyond both the upper and lower lashlines.

Next, apply the shimmery taupe over the inner lid area (blending lightly over the eye contour). For the lashes, I apply K-Palette Real Lasting Volume Mascara 01 Jet Black for both my upper and lower lashes. Lastly, I use the 100% Handmade Lashes (WC16) from Fleur Blossom. The same ones I used in the LOTD HERE.

*Note: Products highlighted are provided by beauty company for review purpose.

Instead of shading powder, I dust a dark red eyeshadow lightly onto the outer contours of nose.

On my lips, Illamasqua Medium Pencil in Severe again! As for cheeks, I brush on Illamasqua Blush (Kiss) lightly.

Revel in the drama of your individuality. Use the creamy Illamasqua Medium Pencil to create sultry eyes and sensuous lips. Designed to glide over skin and create a long-lasting, colour-true finish. Write a different story with every look.

**credits to Illamasqua website for the image & info above**

 

Here's the swatch of Severe...

A gorgeous deep wine red.

I like the texture; creamy and soft. It doesn't tug the skin. It does take a bit of effort to apply on lips though. It's worth a mention that it isn't drying on my lips. The color payoff is great. Truly a bold color, for both eyes and lips. Well, I can see myself going out wearing this color someday (soon). Just my thoughts, since this is my 1st time using it.

That's all for now. Thanks for looking!

3 comments: