Thursday, December 15, 2011

LOTD: Matte Neutral + Review: Bébé Poshé Dazzling Eye Pencil 01 Black Diamond

This was my LOTD just 2 days ago. I went for a movie date with... Chantana! She won a pair of Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows preview tix, and asked me along (thanks again!).

We both enjoyed the movie very-very much. Highly recommended to all! I laughed alot (and aloud) throughout the show :x

I rarely use matte eyeshadows. Well, it's always nice for a change yea.

Lovin' the blush color on me!

The products that I used for this look:-

*Note: Products highlighted are provided by beauty company for review purpose.

[88-Color Eyeshadow Palette]

I used the 1st color on the top left (refer to above image), as the overall base color.

Here's the swatch. The other swatch is for Make Up Store Microshadow [Chocolate], which I used for my eye contour and facial contouring. Lovely color indeed.

 

On to the review... Bébé Poshé Dazzling Eye Pencil 01 Black Diamond, which I got as part of the goodie bag during the launch event sometime ago. CLICK HERE if you've missed my review on Bebe Diva Supervolume Waterproof Mascara.

When I first swatched the liners at the launch event, I totally love how well-pigmented they are (so intense). They glide on very effortlessly. AND, they didn't seem to budge when I rubbed against the swatches. I reckoned I was in love.

It has a creamy texture in a slightly metallic formulation, with sparkly silver micro-glitter bits.

As much as I love how it's swatched on my hand, it translates into a different story altogether when drawn on my lashline. Well, it doesn't tug or pull. I do have to layer on to achieve a better pigmentation, but it wasn't the same intensity as the swatch. It was a total mess when drawn on the waterline :/

The image above was taken just after I finished drawing my lashline. The liner color looked pretty much faded when it was freshly drawn. It flakes, smudges AND migrates. In just 2-3 hours time, it was literally smudged and gone. When I touched up, the flaking problem gets worse.

I don't know about the other colors that's available. I just know that 01 Black Diamond doesn't work for me. Disappointing much. Perhaps I was unlucky enough to get a faulty one, coz I seemed to read only positive reviews so far. I've no idea, seriously.

No comments:

Post a Comment