Saturday, July 30, 2011

Aqua Peel Facial @ SkinLab Medical Spa

A lovely invite from SkinLab Medical Spa (thru' Hazel) to review one of their latest technologies - Aqua Peel Facial. This new technology aims to help achieve fairer, brighter & smoother skin.

Sounds intriguing?

What Is Aqua Peel Technology?

The Aqua ST system: The newest skin treatment that provides both non-invasive exfoliation and delivery of topical solutions to safely and painlessly cleanse, exfoliate, extract and hydrate the skin. This allows patients to achieve optimum results on an accelerated basis without the complications and discomfort usually associated with invasive procedures. In addition, the Aqua ST is unique because it does not use crystals or other abrasive particles that can irritate the skin.

 

Features:
  • Simultaneous exfoliation and topical infusion.
  • A selection of topical solutions specific to the patient's skin condition.
  • 3 Spiral treatment tips for optimal exposure and absorption of topical solutions.
  • LED display for precise vacuum and flow settings.

 

Advantages:
  • Provide painless, soothing treatment.
  • Allows an immediate return to normal activities (no downtime).
  • Eliminates the risk and health concerns of aluminum-based crystals associated with particulate abrasion.
  • Visible results after first treatment. Lasting and more significant results will be seen after 4 to 6 treatments spaced 7 to 10 days apart.
  • Unique Spiral Tip allows maximise infusion with minimum wastage.

 

Uses:
  • Acne problems
  • Congestion
  • Blemishes
  • Dull and Aging Skin
  • Dehydration
  • Fine lines
  • Sensitive Skin

(I have all of the above skin problems.. =.=)

       

      Was brought into this cozy room for the facial treat.

      Sans makeup face. Yups, I didn't bother to put any makeup though my face looks absolutely horrid. I did put sunblock though.

      Changed into the provided facial gown.

       

      The facial therapist started off by deep cleansing my face with The Aqua ST AS (All-Skin) Solution, softening sebum and impurities to aid in extractions. It assists in dislodging dead cells for exfoliation and provides residual hydration that aids in firming and smoothing fine lines.

      Extraction time. I was well aware that my face was pretty congested, with blackheads/whiteheads/acnes. The facial therapist was so meticulous in extracting those unwanted bits. No doubt it is a painful process, I braved thru' it. All I want is better complexion. Nothing else matters. After the 15min ordeal, she applied rosewater liberally on my face to soothe the skin. So relaxing. Ahh I'm in love with the scent!

      She recommended SAThe Aqua ST SA (Salicylic Acid) Solution for my face, which is specially formulated for oily and acne prone skin. Its active ingredients include Pentylene Glycol and Spirea Ulmaria Extract to penetrate the pores and dislodge dead cells for exfoliation. Using a suction tube with a unique spiral tip, The Aqua ST SA (Salicylic Acid) Solution was infused into my skin. Starts from the chin to the jaw, slowly working upwards & outwards. According to the facial therapist, this can help slim the face!

        Mask-ing time. She applied a thick layer of lemon mask to combat acne. So cooling! While having the mask on, she gave me a really good neck and shoulder massage. Thumbs up!

        Last but not least, she applied AOThe Aqua ST AO (Anti-Oxidant) Solution, on my skin after cleansing off the mask and toning my face. Not forgetting eye serum and sunblock. AOThe Aqua ST AO (Anti-Oxidant) Solution is formulated with stabilized Vitamins AE White Tea Extract to combat free radicals and environmental damage to the skin cells.

        My face after the Aqua Peel Facial. I was surprised that I didn't fall asleep (which I normally will). Ignoring the reddish bits, my face was noticably more radiant and my skintone was more even. I love the fact that Aqua Peel Facial isn't painful at all (except the extraction part). I thought I would end up with peeling skin after the treatment. My fears were clearly unfounded. The results were very lasting, more than a week definitely. I could see a significant improvement in my complexion after doing this Aqua Peel Facial. My skin literally glows from within. Much lesser imperfections of coz. I'm in awe.

        Nowadays, I'm more readily to face the world with my naked face.. :p

        The session ends with a cup of hot tea.

        My readers get to enjoy:

        • 30min SkinLab  Aqua Peel : *$38 (no mask)
        • 90min SkinLab Aqua Peel : *$98 (mask, light extraction, and light face massage)
        Valid till 31 August 2011 & for 1st-time customers only. Please quote Verlyn Hanru when making an appointment to enjoy the promo.

         

        SkinLab Medical Spa is conveniently located at Wheelock Place #04-04. Call 6235 3246 to book now!

        No comments:

        Post a Comment