Monday, July 25, 2011

Sponsored Review: Hada Labo Retinol Lifting + Firming Lotion

Introducing Hada Labo’s latest Lifting & Firming Range with 3 premium and potent ingredients: Vitamin A RetinolHydrolyzed Collagen and Hada Labo’s signature ingredient, Super Hyaluronic Acid (SHA), to restore youthful bounciness for your skin.

Hada Labo’s Lifting & Firming Range stays true to its PERFECT X SIMPLE brand philosophy ­‐ using only the finest and purest ingredients without unnecessary additives, colorant, alcohol, fragrances and mineral oils.

There are 5 products in the new range:

  • Retinol Lifting + Firming Lotion (170ml) - S$25.90
  • Retinol Lifting + Firming Cream (50g) - S$28.90
  • Retinol Lifting + Firming Essence (30g) - S$34.90
  • Retinol Lifting + Firming Milk (140ml) - S$25.90
  • Retinol Lifting + Firming Mask (20ml x 4 sheets)- S$23.90

 

I was provided with Hada Labo Retinol Lifting + Firming Lotion to review by Hada Labo Sg/The Sample Store.

KEY INGREDIENTS:

  • Retinol Vitamin A - helps to reduce fine lines and wrinkles
  • Collagen - improve skin's elasticity for firmer and more lifted skin
  • Super Hyaluronic Acid - instantly locks-in moisture to hydrate intensely, keeping skin soft and significantly smooth

 

*Retinol is a derivative of Vitamin A which is beneficial for a youthful looking skin.

It was hard not to notice the fiery red packaging at Watsons stores. Very attention-seeking indeed (in a good way). This new Retinol Lifting + Firming Lotion ($25.90) costs slightly higher than their best-selling Super Hyaluronic Acid Moisturising Lotion ($22.90). Still an affordable anti-aging skincare product, I would say.

The texture of this Retinol Lifting + Firming Lotion is slightly thicker as compared to Super Hyaluronic Acid Moisturising Lotion. The color of the lotion is slightly cloudy yellowish.

A photo of my forehead, after applying Retinol Lifting + Firming Lotion for the 1st time (30th June 2011).

 

How I apply?

After cleansing and toning, I pour 3 drops of Retinol Lifting + Firming Lotion on palms and gently pat onto skin until thoroughly absorbed. Then my usual skincare follows.

My initial thoughts:

I kinda like this Retinol Lifting + Firming Lotion. It feels slightly sticky at 1st, but the stickiness feeling is gone after 5 mins or so. Though it takes a fair bit of time for the lotion to be fully absorbed into skin, my skin feels really soft and supple after which.

Hmm.. So, what took me so long to post up this review?

 

:

 

:

 

:

 

Taken before using Retinol Lifting + Firming Lotion (taken with camera - with flash).

 

:

 

:

 

:

 

After 2 days of use (taken with iPhone).

This is the reason why I decided to stop using Retinol Lifting + Firming Lotion and go back to basic skincare routine for the time being.

As seen from the photo, the red bump is considerably big. AND, this is just part of my horrible skin state (!!), which left me in a moody state for weeks. I was wondering what exactly cause my skin to react so drastically in just 2 days?

Is the Retinol Lifting + Firming Lotion too rich for me? Is it due to my late nights? Is it due to my eating habits? Is it due to some other skincare ingredients etc?

Here's my slightly better skin condition, 1 week after facial treatment at SPA-lon.

 

1 week ago, I started using the lotion (again) after another facial treatment (to be posted soon).

A photo of my forehead.

A photo of my face after applying Retinol Lifting + Firming Lotion. My skin condition is much better now, though there're still visible scar marks.

 

My Review:

After using Retinol Lifting + Firming Lotion for 1 week, I'm glad that my skin has not reacted adversely so far. In fact, I notice a slight improvement in the appearance of fine lines and firming of skin (as shown from the photos). The lotion does hydrate my skin pretty well. My skin feels really soft, supple and revitalized (as stated). The most significant change so far is my skin radiance; it is literally glowing from within! My pores have shrunken in size too. YES, I'm lovin' this lotion so far! A highly recommended product!

Thanks Hada Labo Sg & TSS for the sponsorship!

 

Hada Labo is exclusively available at all Watsons stores.

For more info and latest updates -> CLICK HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment