Monday, July 18, 2011

Benefit Brow Arch: TRY it, LOVE it.

Went for the complimentary Benefit Brow Arch service ($22), which was part of KissJane event goodie bag. FYI, it is Benefit's signature service. Initially, I thought it was just normal brow tweezing. In fact, it was brow WAX-ing. It was my 1st time and I was pretty egg-cited 'bout it!

And, here's photos of the Before (eeks!) and After (wow!). See the significant difference?! I actually let my brows grow out a fair bit before going for this session, which explains the really messy brows. Well-groomed brows does make a big difference to one's appearance. 'Nuff said.

The 'Ooh-Ah' Experience @ Benefit Brow Bar - Sephora ION:

The MUA started off by cleansing my brows and the area between my brows (known as glabella), with Benefit B.Right Remove It Makeup Remover. It has a very refreshing scent. Then, she began filling my brows with Benefit Brow Zings (should be 01 - light).

And.. It was WAX-ing time! I did ask her if it's gonna be painful though my pain tolerance level is rather high (I'm no longer a Brazilian wax virgin okay :x). She described the pain level to be like an ant's bite. Ooo.. That sounds great! She proceeded to try some (shimmery light gold) wax on my hand to show me the "feel". As compared to "down there", it's definitely 99% less painful!

After WAX-ing, she went on with tweezing the stray hairs. Finally, she applied something (??) to soothe the waxed area. Did some touch-up with Benefit Brow Zings. Done.

 

My After-Thoughts:

When she passed me a mirror to let me see my newly groomed brows, I was like "WOW! Is that my brows?!". Not exaggerating one bit. I was that pleased with my new brows! The results are unlike tweezing or shaving. So much cleaner; no fine hairs. The WAX-ing didn't cause any irritation to my skin. The faint reddish brown marks are left behind by the brow embroidery I did few years ago.

It will be good to do on a regular basis, which really depends on how fast your brows grow out. The MUA told me usually it's a monthly affair. Hmm.. As for myself, I noticed my brows grow out pretty fast (after a week or so?). If I were to do it on a regular basis, it'll be really expensive.. =.= I think it really depends on individuals.

It was an awesome experience nevertheless. Seriously, go try it if you haven't already.

No comments:

Post a Comment